Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Photobucket

This is the game plan for the project I'm working on, a cross between the wall spikes and the bottle. I got them cut out Monday and scored together today. I made two, a little one and a big one, I hope one of them turns out okay. They will be burnished and smoke fired. When sketching them I was thinking about the leaf/fruit/seed pod forms so that's the thought behind them. They were originally intended to be wall hangings but they might be a little big and not flat enough, so we will see how I decide to display them.

The Rhino died btw. The stomach blew out and one of the legs cracked off. I will probably smoke fire the pieces I have left just for shits and giggles.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your new forms finished! I want you to make some for the wood firing too (because i love that). Are you planning on weaving some sheaths for the new ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see... I don't think it would look as good wood fired. It would be kinda cool to do one of each of my forms, a bottle, a bottle/spike, a spike, and a 3 legged dinosaur and wood fire them all.

    ReplyDelete