Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am almost finished with the forms I talked about in the last post, they just need to be burnished one more time, bisqued and smoke fired.

Next I would like to make a stringed instruments out of clay. I think I am going to make 3. One to be wood fired, one to be fired to cone 6 but without any glaze (or cone 10 in Matty's kiln depending how the test tile comes out, and the last to be smoke fired. They will probably be stringed with violin strings. We'll see how they go.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like it could be cool. The kiln fired really really fast 5 1/2 hours. 11 was down everywere but that could be wrong because alot of the cones stuck together due to the fast firing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dooooood this violin thing is supper awesome hopefully the resonance frequency is correct with the forms and ya it will be cool

    ReplyDelete