Thursday, April 8, 2010





These are the two pieces I am firing at at the moment, the bottom picture is after I fired it TWICE and it is still super light, so I need to fire it again. I haven't fired the top one yet, it barely fits in the kiln.

I got two pieces in the noble hill firing, I wanted one to be on its side and one to be laid flat but due to space constraints they were both fired on their sides. The one that was going to be laid down got wadded upright with a platter wadded to it, I'm pretty bummed and hope it turns out okay. There are very few pots I have seen that I like that having wadding spots on front and I hope my pot isn't completely in shadow of the platter and still gets enough ash. If I don't like how it comes out I can always re-fire it.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you are able to find such creative ways to make glaze textures and designs on your pots. Keep up the great work and I think finding new ways to make textures is definitely worth while, because it is something you're good at and is worth your time so that you can get even better.

    ReplyDelete